The State of Texas provides several different exemptions individuals and families can use to reduce their property tax burden. Texas Dream Realtors provides agents with expertise in securing all of our customers the maximum amount of exemptions based upon their qualifications. The Bexar County Tax Assessor website can be used to determine a customers eligibility for these programs. The state provides exemptions for homeowners using their property as a primary residence, homeowners with disabilities, and homeowners of 65 years old.
Texas Disability Tax Exemption
If you answer yes to the following questions you may qualify for a significant discount on your homeowners taxes.
- Have you been declared 100% disabled and unable to work by Social Security?
- Did you retire with 100% disability and were declared unemployable by your employer and/or your doctor?
- Are you legally blind, unable to work, and at least 55 years of age?
- Are you receiving SSI benefits due to being totally blind?
- Do you own and occupy your home?
- Were you a resident of Texas as of January 1st?
- Did you own and occupy a home on January 1st?
If you answered “yes” to both of these questions, then you may qualify for up to $15,000 in exemptions on your school taxes.
Over 65 Exemption
If you are over 65 or are turning 65 in during the current tax year you may qualify for an age exemption on your property taxes. As long as you use the home as your primary residence you should qualify.
San Antonio Real Estate Tax News
Give one of our agents a call at 210-888-9080 and let us take care of negotiating your exemptions with the county. We have experience providing the state the information they need to secure a tax exemption for our clients. This is on of the many services we offer that go’s far beyond our customers expectations.